ADRA Rwanda has been working for more than 37 years to ensure the Food security of families and communities in the country. Our model aims to increase production and productivity through organizing commodity production and marketing groups to ensure access, availability, utilization, and sustainability. ADRA Rwanda works with cooperatives and supports their organization through capacity building.
The Government of Rwanda and donors recognizes ADRA Rwanda as a flexible and a leading actor in promoting viable agriculture practices, value addition and marketing linkage in the cooperatives, community base group and more recently programming for private public investment model. In partnership with Rwanda Government and donors, ADRA Rwanda has over the last five years reached 946,378 people.
Food security and livelihood objective (2016-2020)
- Increase food and nutrition security and livelihood for target population in Rwanda.
- Prevent chronic malnutrition and management of all forms of malnutrition.
- Increase crop and livestock productivity of target households.
- Increase the market driven agriculture production (value chain, value addition).
- Increase access to credit and savings (VSLA, SACCOS).