ADRA Rwanda has been active for more than 37 years in the areas of humanitarian assistance providing shelter & non-food aid, food, emergency education, medical supplies, Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), logistics & warehouse management, protection, psychosocial support and recovery programs.
ADRA Rwanda has an Emergency Management Plan that guides its operations and is also an active member of the Rwanda Government National Disaster Management Forum and engages other actors involved in planning and responding to humanitarian issues. The strategy involves the full cycle of Disaster management and response, from mitigation to recovery stage. The Government of Rwanda, United Nations partners and other donors recognize ADRA Rwanda as a key and relevant partner in the Emergency response and recovery programs. Within the last five years ADRA Rwanda has supported 200,000 people.
Emergency Management objective (2016-2020)
- Provide humanitarian assistance and save lives of the affected populations including refugees in Rwanda.
- Provide access to quality education for the refugee children of school going age.
- Provide timely logistics and supply chain management (warehouse, fleet, and Non Food Items- NFIs distributions) at the camps and transit centers.
- Provide adequate emergency shelter for the affected persons.
- Increase access of food aid to the affected population.