Building healthy communities
ADRA Rwanda has been working for more than 40 years to improve the health of individuals, families, and communities through capacity building of health care professionals and construction and rehabilitation of health care facilities.
Currently, ADRA Rwanda is a member of the National Nutrition Sector Working Group. We are recognized as a reliable partner that has delivered the basic package for health, including preventive interventions, reproductive health, and control of communicable and non-communicable diseases. The main interventions include nutrition, HIV/AIDS, reproductive health, building health facilities, mobilizing and educating communities, maternal and child health, and more recently programming for Tuberculosis control.
- Improve health status of the Rwandan population
- Increase access to quality primary health care services to vulnerable communities.
- Increased access, care and support for communicable and non-communicable diseases (HIV/AIDS and TB).
- Reduce maternal and child mortality.
- Increase sustainable health promotion practices.
- Increase access to water, sanitation and hygiene activities.
In 2018, 150,985 more beneficiaries have been reached in our Health sector.
Completed projects under Health sector